Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under the Global Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Who we are
Our website address is: https://orcadorca.co.za.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact forms
This website uses a contact form plugin. When a user fills in one of our Contact Forms, the user’s personal data is captured when the Contact Form is submited. The data from Contact form submissions is kept for a certain period of time for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Account users
When a user with an account logs in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if the user’s browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when the browser is closed.
- ‘Remember me’
At log in, we will also set up several cookies to save user login information and screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days and screen options cookies for a year. If ‘Remember Me’ is selected, the login cookie persists for two weeks. On ‘log out’, login cookies are removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
By default WordPress does not collect any analytics data. However, many web hosting accounts collect some anonymous analytics data.
Who we share your data with
By default WordPress does not share any personal data with anyone.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- When you purchase goods on our website we collect your personal information submitted by you as part of the process of making purchases through the secure Online Shopping Service that we provide.
- We use this information to contact you in order to carry out the transaction(s) that you have requested. This information may include: your name, title, company or organization name, work e-mail, work phone, work, home and billing address.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
This website uses HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure), an internet communication protocol that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data transmitted between the user’s computer and this website. This provides our users with a secure and private online experience when using our website. Data sent using HTTPS is secured via Transport Layer Security protocol (TLS), which provides three key layers of protection:
- Encryption — encrypting the exchanged data to keep it secure from eavesdroppers. That means that while the user is browsing a website, nobody can ‘listen in’ on the conversation, track user activity across multiple pages, or steal information.
- Data integrity — data cannot be modified or corrupted during transfer, intentionally or otherwise, without being detected.
- Authentication — proves that your user is communicating with the intended website. It protects against ‘man-in-the-middle’ attacks and builds user trust, which in turn translates into other business benefits.
— Source: Google
Your contact information
Should you have any privacy-specific concerns about personal information submitted to this website on a Comment, Contact or Order Form, please send an email to email@example.com